But I don’t know how!
If you have thought about starting a Path To Shine® program in your community but felt you did not have the knowledge and/or resources to do so, we are here to guide you and support you. You don’t have to do this on your own, and you don’t have to start from scratch. We can come to you, discuss options, look for partnerships, and help you discern if this is the right program. We have an entire handbook with all of the legal forms that you need, five years of curriculum, and a host of other resources. We provide training for all of the volunteers, and we run background checks to be sure everyone is safe to be with children.
What is the format?
Path To Shine® is about small groups of children attending a program on a weekly basis teamed up with adult Mentors who also come on a weekly basis. Children are expected to attend at least 90% of the time so they can build trusting relationships with caring adults outside of their immediate family. We believe that every child deserves the chance to travel on the best possible road with as many sign-posts as possible, so our curriculum is focused on developing life skills to point them in a positive direction and to a good destination.
Is there a cost?
There is no cost for the children.
The Path To Shine® program materials and training costs $500, with an annual renewal fee of $500. This will provide you with:
- Handbook for Affiliate Director with legal forms and 5 years of weekly curriculum
- Training with multiple useful handouts for all adult Mentors
- New books for each child in the program at Christmas and in May (end of the school year). We can source books for about 75 cents each by buying in bulk through a program called First Book
- Up to $500 annually for enrichment initiatives such as an excursion to a local historic
- All of the recommended books for our 5 years of curriculum
- Access to Dropbox with additional resources for both weekly and enrichment activities
- Visits from HQ to check the quality of the program while providing encouragement and support to all of the volunteers involved
Feel free to contact our Executive Director, Marie Davis at 404-327-2554 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to arrange a meeting.